The Baby Boomers Let Us Down

Paul DeThroe
pauldethroe.com
May 22, 2018

I love old people. I've always loved talking to them, collecting bits of wisdom. Still do. And I'm getting old myself. But the baby boomers have failed us all. Point blank, time has passed them by. I knew Trump was going to win when I saw them in upper class neighborhoods holding MAGA signs on street corners. Their strength is in numbers, but their longing for a time long since passed, no longer suits the modern world. Nor do their religions, which have been reduced to being used as tools for the elite and militaries to suppress the poor. 


The world is dying, we're besieged my maniacal wars, disease is rife and starvation is real. The Four Horsemen are here. But as long as the stock market is rising and minorities are put in their places, who cares about all that? They'll be gone before the world dies anyway, and no one could ever accuse baby boomers of giving a shit about something other than their own whims and prejudices. 

Last election, the three best choices were Trump, Clinton and Sanders. All a bunch of old geezers, who think they know everything, but don't know anything about modern society. Stop school shootings by bringing back prayer and locking doors! GTFOH. 

I'm casting my lot with the youngsters, the teens. They are the ones that are either going to have to save the world the baby boomers destroyed, or restart society after we blow the world up. We left them this mess we never had time or desire to fix, so at the very least, we should listen to them.


Image result for The Devil's Prophet

No comments:

Post a Comment